The final workshop for 2019 was held on Tuesday 19 November at Rydges Hotel in North Hobart. Thirty five attendees, including representatives from unions and employer associations and registered auditors engaged with staff of the ROC, including members of the education, compliance and finance teams.
Topics discussed included financial reporting, officer and related party disclosures, elections, annual returns and notifications of change, and whistleblower disclosures. The ROC also showcased some of the tools, products and assistance available to help registered organisations to meet their obligations under the Fair Work (Registered Organisations) Act 2009.
Feedback about the workshop was overwhelmingly positive. All attendees who completed an evaluation said they would attend another ROC workshop in future.
Copies of the presentations can be accessed at the following links:
Financial reporting update (PDF 284.3KB)
Financial reporting workshop (PDF 547KB)
Elections workshop (PDF 229.3KB)
Officer and related party disclosures workshop (PDF 360.9KB)
Handling whistleblower matters (PDF 52.2MB)
Officer financial training (PDF 296KB)
- Welcome and housekeeping
- Commissioner’s welcome
- Financial reporting update
- Financial reporting workshop
- Elections, Annual Returns and Notifications of Change workshop
- Officer and related party disclosures workshop
- Handling whistleblower matters: what you can do
- Officer financial training
- Update on ROC tools and website updates
- Mark Bielecki – Commissioner, Registered Organisations Commission
- Chris Enright – Executive Director, Registered Organisations Commission
- Declan Clifford – Executive Officer to the Commissioner, Registered Organisations Commission
- Joanne Fenwick – Financial Reporting Specialist, Registered Organisations Commission
- Bill Steenson – Principal Lawyer, Compliance and Investigations, Registered Organisations Commission
- MaryAnne Guina – Principal Adviser, Compliance and Investigations, Registered Organisations Commission
- Catherine Bebbington – Senior Adviser, Education and Reporting Team, Registered Organisations Commission
- Kristina Menzies – Senior Adviser, Education and Reporting Team, Registered Organisations Commission
- Sam Gallichio – Adviser, Education and Reporting Team, Registered Organisations Commission
- Auditor: 1
- Employer Association: 8
- Government Department: 3
- Peak Body: 0
- Union: 22
- Other: 1
- Total: 35
The ROC has now delivered a workshop in every state and territory of Australia.
We will be refreshing the content and format of workshop in 2020. The next interactive workshop is scheduled for New South Wales in March 2020. More information will be available closer to the event.