Home | About us | News & Media | Contact us

Contact us

You can contact us by:

  • Email: Send any email enquiries through to regorgs@roc.gov.au.
  • Telephone: Contact the Registered Organisations Commission on 1300 341 665. Our assistance service operates between 9.00am and 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
  • Mail: GPO Box 2983, Melbourne VIC 3001
  • Visiting our offices:
    • Arrange an appointment with the relevant ROC representative by phone or email, or
    • Visit the Fair Work Ombudsman's reception desk on Level 12, 414 La Trobe Street, Melbourne, and advise the receptionist of the name of the ROC representative you wish to visit.

Lodging documents

Registered organisations have to send us information about the following:

  • annual returns
  • changes to your organisation
  • elections for office
  • governance training
  • financial reports
  • officer and related party disclosure statements.

Visit our Lodging documents page to find out how to lodge this information with us.

Complaints and feedback

To find out how to make a complaint about a registered organisation visit our Complaints page

To find out how to make a complaint about the Registered Organisations Commission (the ROC) or provide feedback to the ROC please visit our Complaints and feedback about the ROC page.

Media inquiries

For all media inquiries, please visit our News and media page

Other enquiries

The Fair Work Commission manages certain aspects of registered organisations.

Visit the Fair Work Commission’s website for information on the following topics: 

Registration External link (opens in new window) external-icon.png  Learn how to apply for and become a registered organisation. 

Amalgamation and cancellation of registration External link (opens in new window) external-icon.png Find out the rules and processes for how organisations can amalgamate or be cancelled. 

Organisations’ rules External link (opens in new window) external-icon.png Every registered organisation must have rules that meet both member and FWC requirements. Find information on requirements and training. Changing rules -The FWC must approve any changes to an organisation’s rules. Learn how to apply for a change and access forms and contact details.

Entry permits External link (opens in new window) external-icon.png – The FWC issues entry permits, which are essential for union officials to enter workplaces. Discover how to apply for entry permits, how to use them properly and your rights.

Gazette notices External link (opens in new window) external-icon.png  Find the most recent applications by registered organisations published in the Commonwealth of Australia Gazette. 

Find recognised state associations External link (opens in new window) external-icon.png Some state registered associations seek federal recognition so they can operate in the national industrial system. Find state registered associations, including transitionally recognised associations and recognised state-registered associations, on the FWC’s website.