Home | About us | News & Media | Contact us

Complaints and feedback about the ROC

Feedback and complaints can be made to the Registered Organisations Commission (ROC) about the conduct of its staff and its administrative processes.

The ROC is committed to providing outstanding service. Complaints and feedback can help drive service improvement. All complaints are taken seriously.

Complaints about staff and administrative processes

Any staff member can accept your complaint or feedback in person, by email at regorgs@roc.gov.au or over the telephone on 1300 341 665.

You may be asked to put your complaint in writing if:

  • the complaint cannot be resolved by the person you first speak to
  • it is inappropriate for that person to respond, or
  • you require a written response to your complaint.

Written complaints and feedback about our staff or administrative processes can be sent by email to regorgs@roc.gov.au.

Complaints about staff or administrative processes are addressed by the Commissioner or other staff where appropriate.

Fraudulent or unethical behaviour

If your complaint relates to suspected fraudulent or unethical behaviour by a staff member of the ROC in the provision of Australian Government services that are managed by the ROC, you can confidentially provide information by emailing fraud@roc.gov.au.

How long will it take to resolve a complaint?

If your complaint is made in person or over the telephone we will try to resolve it immediately, but in some cases more time may be needed to respond.

If your complaint is made in writing we will respond within 20 working days. If your complaint is complex it may take longer to resolve. We will endeavour to keep you informed of our progress when dealing with your complaint.

If you are still not satisfied

If you are still not satisfied after we have investigated your complaint, you can contact the Commonwealth Ombudsman. The Commonwealth Ombudsman can investigate complaints about Australian Government Departments and agencies, including the ROC. For more information call the Commonwealth Ombudsman's office on 1300 362 072 or visit the Commonwealth Ombudsman's websiteExternal link (opens in new window) external-icon.png.

Appealing a Decision of the Commissioner

A person who does not agree with a decision or order in a case before the Commissioner may seek permission to appeal from the Fair Work Commission. Appeals are not dealt with by the Commissioner. Please see our appeals page for further information.

Your privacy

Please note that we only use the information you provide to respond to your complaint.

For more information about how we use and save your personal details please refer to the ROC's Privacy Policy