Planning is well advanced to deliver the first Registered Organisations Commission (ROC) information session at Parramatta NSW on Tuesday 6 March 2018. The session is open to registrants from registered organisations, employer associations, industrial groups and peak bodies who will have the opportunity to directly engage with the Registered Organisations Commissioner Mark Bielecki, and staff of the ROC from the education, compliance and finance teams.
The Commissioner is pleased to have received in excess of 110 registrations from approximately 40 separate federally registered employee and employer organisations.
The ROC confirms the venue as the Parramatta RSL situated at the corner of O’Connell St & Macquarie St Parramatta.
While the ROC continues to refine and receive feedback about the agenda and topics of interest, in broad terms we are working toward the following:
8.30 a.m. – 12.30 p.m. - Compliance & Governance
- Induction / start up pack for newly elected office holders (including officers who have changed roles);
- Corrupting Benefits legislation information;
- ROC tools & products to help with compliance; &
- Financial reporting – tips & guidance.
12.30 p.m. – 1.10 p.m. – light lunch to be provided
1.10 p.m. – 3.30 p.m. - The ROC’s assessments, inquiries & investigations
- What they are (including case studies) and how you can navigate them toward positive outcomes;
- The protected disclosure (whistle-blower) scheme, the ROC’s approach to whistle-blower matters and what organisations need to know